This Course meets the requirements for the Maintaining Client and Personal Safety domain required for the Behavioral Health Technician Certification. You will receive 4 CEU’s after completing this course. The topics addressed include:
- Dealing with Resistance and Aggression Control
- Universal Infection Control
Course Goals and Objectives:
- The goal and objective of this course is to educate the reader on dealing with resistance and aggression control. The course will cover the definitions of resistance, anger, and aggression. This course will also educate the reader on different aggression control techniques, how to properly deal with confrontation, de-escalation techniques, and signs of potentially violent clients and how to maintain safety. Different counseling techniques such as assertiveness and motivational interviewing will also be discussed throughout the course.
- The goal of this course is to educate the reader on the importance of infection control and the different procedures that can be implemented to prevent infectious disease. We are exposed to a wide array of organisms that cause infectious disease in our everyday lives. Infection control procedures help us control the spread of infectious organisms that cause disease. This course will educate the reader on how infection control works to identify, prevent, and control infections to reduce potential hazards to the clients served.
This workshop has been approved for 4 CEUs by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling. CE Broker Course Tracking Number: 20-570213. Provider #: 50-9339 The Certification Board of Addictions Professionals CE Provider # 5090.
- Teacher: Silvernail Online