Module 5 Includes the Following Courses:
- Federal & State Fair Housing Laws and Local State Codes and Regulations
- Ethics and Professional Conduct for Recovery Residence Staff
- Client Rights and Confidentiality Laws
- Documentation for Recovery Residence Staff
- Introduction to Cultural Competence 101
- Using Consultation and Ethical Decision Making Course
Course Goals and Objectives
- The goal of this course is to help the reader understand the Fair Housing Act (FHA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Florida State Laws that go along with both Acts.
- Individuals in active recovery are protected under the FHA and the ADA, therefore Certified Recovery Residence Administrators must understand the civil rights of current and prospective residents. This course will allow the reader to explore each Act in detail.
- The Goal of this course is to educate the reader on the NARR Code of Ethics, and the Florida Certification Board Code of Ethical and Professional Conduct. This course will explore the different policies set in place by NARR to establish ethical business practice.
- The goals of this course is to assist the reader in enhancing knowledge of client/resident rights and confidentiality laws in the state of Florida. This course will help participants better develop the necessary protocols to reinforce ethical business practices and honor client’s/resident’s rights in Recovery Residences.
- The goal of this course is to help the reader understand issues related to the requirements, development, implementation, and management of documentation in recovery residences. Policies necessary to set in place proper documentation procedures will also be discussed.
- The goal of this course is to assist the reader in understanding the importance of cultural competence. This course will help participants gain the knowledge necessary to understand what it truly means to be “culturally competent”. Participants will develop ideas on how to properly establish a cultural competence process aimed towards achieving and maintaining cultural competence.
- The goal of this course is to assist the reader in understanding the importance of using consultation in ethical decision making. This course will help participants gain the knowledge necessary to understand the different ethical decision making steps and their implications. Participants will develop knowledge on the different, applicable code of ethics.
This workshop has been approved for 20 CEUs by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling. CE Broker Course Tracking Number: 20-596322. Provider #: 50-9339 The Certification Board of Addictions Professionals CE Provider # 5090
- Teacher: Silvernail Consultant Services