The Resident Recovery Support: Module 4 Course is divided into 10 different courses:
- Understanding Addiction
- Understanding Principles of Recovery & Recovery
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Medication Assisted Treatments
- Importance of Building Rapport
- Motivational Interviewing
- Group Process and Facilitation
- Self-Help Groups and Other Recovery Support Services
- Developing Recovery Goals and Plans
- Lapse/Relapse Prevention
Course Goals and Objectives
The goal of this course is to provide the reader with the necessary information to:
- Understand addiction and all of its contributing factors.
This course will help participants gain the knowledge necessary to understand
addiction and challenge current biases (if any). Participants will develop an
understanding of the disease model of addiction.
- Understand the principles guiding recovery and recovery
management skills, gain the knowledge necessary to understand “recovery” as it
is defined by SAMHSA and recovery management standards as established by NARR.
- Enhance knowledge related to co-occurring substance use and
mental health disorders,
- enhance clinical skills and therapeutic knowledge.
Participants will be provided with various strategies to implement when working
with clients suffering from co-occurring disorders.
- Enhance knowledge of Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
programs implemented to treat individuals diagnosed with opioid and alcohol use
- Understand the importance of building rapport in a Recovery
- Enhance knowledge of Motivational Interviewing strategies.
- Enhance knowledge of group therapy process and facilitation.
This course will help participants develop group facilitation skills and will
enhance group process knowledge.
- Understand the importance of self-help groups and other
recovery support services.
- Enhance goal setting strategies with clients. This course
will help participants better develop the skills necessary to implement goal
setting in treatment planning for clients diagnosed with substance abuse and/or
mental health disorders.
- Understand the difference between lapse and relapse and
prevention strategies. This course will help participants gain the knowledge
necessary to understand the lapse and relapse process.
This workshop has been approved for 30 CEUs by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling. CE Broker Course Tracking Number: 20-589644. Provider #: 50-9339 The Certification Board of Addictions Professionals CE Provider # 5090
- Teacher: Silvernail Consultant Services