- The Maintaining the Physical Residence: Module 2 Course is divided into 13 different Courses:
- FARR Facility Certification Requirements
- Crisis Prevention & Intervention: Verbal De-escalation & Aggression Control
- Suicide Prevention
- Fire & Safety Procedures: Recognizing & Responding to Safety Risks
- CPR/First Aid Information for Recovery Residence Staff
- Naloxone Use: Advance Training
- Disaster Planning & Responding to Emergency & Disaster Situations
- Universal Infection Control
- Food Handling for Recovery Residence Staff
- Group Process for Recovery Residence Staff
- Mentoring and Leadership in Recovery Residences
- Customer Service for Recovery Residence Staff
- Licit and Illicit Drugs and Alcohol and Drug Testing Policies
Course Goals and Objectives:
goal of this course is to provide the reader with the necessary information to:
- Maintain a physical environment that meets the needs of all residents and is consistent with FARR certification requirements.
- Educate staff on suicide prevention tips and suicide awareness
- Prepare staff for crisis prevention and intervention and how to properly handle aggressive clients/residents.
- Provide an advanced training in Naloxone Use.
- Maintain a recovery residence that provides an alcohol and drug-free environment and is encouraging of sobriety.
- Maintain a recovery residence that promotes a home-like environment that promotes recovery.
- Implement and maintain good neighbor policies and procedures that ensure the residence/residents are courteous and responsive to neighbor concerns.
- Implement the appropriate property maintenance to maintain the physical residence and maintain safety of the residents.
- Promote residence safety by having procedures in place for disasters and emergency situations.
- Promote peer governance in the residence in meaningful ways for all residents and staff.
- Have policies and procedures in place regarding resident involvement with food preparation, household chores, planned house meeting, and other household tasks.
This workshop has been approved for 20 CEUs by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling. CE Broker Course Tracking Number: 20-574862. Provider #: 50-9339 The Certification Board of Addictions Professionals CE Provider # 5090
- Teacher: Silvernail Consultant Services