Module 1 Includes the Following Courses:
- Federal, State Fair Housing Laws and Local, State Codes and Regulations
- Criminal Background Screening Procedures
- Basic Accounting/Reimbursable Services for Recovery Residence Staff
- Business Skills for Recovery Residence Staff
- Writing Policies and Procedures for Recovery Residences
- Risk Management for Recovery Residences
- General Record Keeping and Documentation for Recovery Residence Staff
- Naloxone Use
- Ethical Business Practices for Recovery Residence Staff
Course Goals and Objectives
The goal of this course is to provide the reader with the necessary information to:
- Emphasize the importance of compliance with applicable, non-discriminatory federal and state laws such as the Fair Housing Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Implement the NARR Quality Standards and NARR Code of Ethics established to reinforce ethical business practices.
- Establish and implement Policies and Procedures to ensure ethical business practices.
- Implement necessary background screening procedures for individuals mandated by Florida Statutes to complete level 2 background screenings.
- Emphasize the importance of incorporating accounting/booking practices in Recovery Residences to maintain financial records. This course will discuss recommended business skills tailored to Recovery Residences and general record keeping and documentation.
- Discuss risk management and the dynamic view of risk, which includes potential opportunities as well as minimizing hazards, fits very well with the recovery approach to recovery residences or agencies.
- Educate the reader on Naloxone, how Naloxone works, the safety of using Naloxone, the types of Naloxone approved by the FDA, and when Naloxone should be administered.
This workshop has been approved for 20 CEUs by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling. CE Broker Course Tracking Number: 20-538387. Provider #: 50-9339 The Certification Board of Addictions Professionals CE Provider # 5090
- Teacher: Silvernail Online